Tuesday, April 14, 2009

#18 -♥- Pulp Juice (Hot Buttered Soul)

Another installment of Hot Buttered Soul on CFCR 90.5FM, @iamkhayyam and I'll be the one dropping the beats for your pleasure dome.

I really dig movie soundtracks. They always come up with the most interesting ways to support the drama, action and mood of their guest appearances. There are some that I don't recognize, others that are favorites and the remainder becoming new loved tracks.

So today I thought to prepare a soundtrack that would support a little mix of 'my movie' soundtrack. I mixed in 3 tablespoons of Shaft, 1 part Pulp Fiction, 2 cups of Ocean's 11 with a side of Swingers. After that came to boil, strain in colander and start on the seasoning. Fry up some cumin in some oil, add a little Detroit pepper, some Harlem spice, Salinas sauce, and don't forget the two most important ingredients... soul & love.

Charles Wright & The Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band | Harlem Underground Band | Herbie Hancock | Ike & Tina Turner | Sly Stone | The Blackbyrds | Lightin' Rod | Salinas | The Pointer Sisters | Soul Searchers | Pleasure | Dr. Teeth & The Electric Mayhem
The titles are in the flow somewhere and if you listen along then you can play along - the name of the game is Name That Tune! ;)

Pulp Juice

I asked the Universe
what can you bring me?
Smokin cheeba cheeba
ain't gonna do a damn thing.
Then the answer found me:
Hang up your hang ups.

Took one bold soul sister
to finish my crossword puzzle,
instead I played the runaway
Turned it into a sport,
called is Straussmania.

Don't it drive you crazy how many
times you gots to blow your whistle?
What can I say?!

Then she said, "Souls, sacred contracts,
and new moons. All filled with magic,
and all greater than we could know."

Joyous! The sun shines and
the band sings Mahna! Mahna!

@iamkhayyam and that was a movie soundtrack for your daily funkifiedness on Hot, Buttered Soul.

Some past excursions for your listening pleasure...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution... may blessings be upon you ;)

 
Clicky Web Analytics