Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hot Buttered Soul #14

It's that time again for another ride along the soul train. Yes, this is Hot Buttered Soul and @iamkhayyam.

I go back into the vaults to something I refer to as "Seems Like Old Times". These were my first "mix tapes" if you will. They involved deep emotions and lyrical carpet rides. I got lost in a moment and went back to a time when things were simple and when love had a height.

So, joining me today to help me reminisce are the following smooth singing slingers of rhyme and reason:

George McRae | Gwen McRae | Patricia Rushen | Barry White | Labi Siffre | Gap Band | BT Express | Lynda Lyndell | Average White Band | Earth, Wind & Fire | Michael Jackson | Sade | Teddy Pendergrass
The titles are in the flow somewhere and if you listen along then you can play along - the name of the game is Name That Tune! ;)

Till You're Satisfied

I get lifted whenever I feel
all this love I'm giving up.
It reminds me of my boo,
she's the beautiful low rider.

I got the blues about how
outstanding this girl is.

I just couldn't do it. You know,
what a man is supposed to do.
Stop the rain, write of true love
in the stone & make time stand still.

Bottom line through all the
lessons is to enjoy yourself.
The King of sorrow is dead!

And now there's nowhere left to go,
cause you can't hide from yourself.
@iamkhayyam and that was a blast from the past edition of Hot, Buttered Soul.

Some past excursions for your listening pleasure...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution... may blessings be upon you ;)

 
Clicky Web Analytics