Tuesday, December 23, 2008

009_Hot, Buttered 'Nutmeg' Soul...

I was crestfallen and melancholy this morning when I found out that mixwit.com, the guys who provide the interface that allows you to listen to my radio sets was shutting down. Those damn RIAA bastards had something to do with it, I know. It's all a conspiracy I tell you, conspiracy... ;)

Another one bites the dust. First muxtape, now mixwit, next will be OpenTape, whom mixwit has given the code to so that it's legacy may live on. There is another alternative which I am testing out and is located below, 8tracks - it's not mixwit, let me tell you. So the mixwit mixes will expire at the turn of the new year and will be rendered useless like the pumpkin and Cinderella. Poof! It's gone.

So all disappointment and violin playing aside, this is the holiday season, a season to be jolly and at peace. Now what is better than to be jolly and whistle or sing along with everyone's favorite yule tide jingles. So, ladies and germs, I present to you your egg nog warming, mistletoe kissing, candy cane licking, fire burning, story telling, gift giving melange of background companionship to aid in your togetherness and to champion the run-on sentence ;)

To help me help you enjoy this gift, I have the following heavy hitters backing me up:


Bing Crosby / Berlin Symphony Orchestra / Louis Armstrong / Kay Starr / Lena Horne / Eartha Kitt / Joe Williams / Patti Page / Ella Fitzgerald / Billy May / Jimmy McGriff / The Cathedral Brass

The titles are in the flow somewhere and if you listen along then you can play along - the name of the game is Name That Tune! ;)
Holiday Jam...

A happy holiday is what I wish upon you,
And the dance of the sugar plum fairy ;)

Baby, it's cold outside, and that's ok
I've got my love to keep me warm.

So let it snow, let it snow, let it snow,
Santa baby, you can and you will
Jingle bells. No one tells, or even sells
Quite like that nutcracker suite.

Just look at Frosty the Snowman strut his stuff
Dawning his white christmas suit, getting ready
For a midnight sleigh ride. Rudolph, the red-nosed
reindeer waiting to begin the magic of the night.

It's that time of year,
Sing the song, you know,
The christmas song and bring
Joy to the world and then
Heaven and nature sing...

May the spirit of Festivus for the rest of us reign supreme throughout your holiday season. Enjoy the company of loved ones, family and friends. We witness love in action during the holidays and every time we love, every time we give, it's something to be celebrated.

I am Khayyam and this is Hot, Buttered 'Nutmeg' Soul...

3 comments:

  1. oh no! what does this mean for your online blogspot mixes? i've been listening to the oct 14 ob-sess-ively! good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This means that all the beautiful and wondrous mixes that have the animated tape will no longer be.

    The mixes will continue to be heard, just not wrapped in such a beautiful wrapper.

    All these companies have been shut down and they will begin again. It's a great loss and I will do my best to get the moving parts moving again.

    Thank you for your devoted listening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your taste in holiday music is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your contribution... may blessings be upon you ;)

 
Clicky Web Analytics