Tuesday, September 16, 2008

003_Hot, Buttered Soul...

This is my third show of Hot Buttered, Soul - today was inspired to get your head nodding 'cause your neck knows it's phat. Since FM Phasis Fest is coming up it cut into my line up a little bit and I didn't get to play the last Angie Stone track... so here it is in it's entirety... a little hot butter for your soul with the likes of:

The Detroit Spinners / Diana Ross / The Emotions / Pointer Sisters / The Beginning of the End / Evelyn King / Jean Jacques Perrey / Jully Black / Gap Band / Robin Thicke / New Edition / Angie Stone

The titles are in the flow somewhere and if you listen along then you can play along - the name of the game is Name That Tune! ;)

Respectfully I say to thee...

It's a shame that we don't act with love
scared to experience another love hangover.

Once you take the turn down the blind alley,
Only thing to say is "yes we can can" ;)

When she made me promise, the skies opened
Up and love come down
, upside down.
The extra vehicular activity, reminded me,
Of heaven, it smelled like coffee and crepes.


Queen, I ain't seen you in a minute,
Wrote this letter, finally decided to send it.
Last thing I heard you say was,
"You dropped a bomb on me". That's very true.

What else would have opened my eyes to see

Everything; I can't have my cake and eat it too.

So I'm going to cool it now, play with it,
Let it flow, slow my roll and just let it simmer.
So open up your spices, awaken them with a slow roast, let it marinate...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution... may blessings be upon you ;)

 
Clicky Web Analytics