Tuesday, September 30, 2008

004_Hot, Buttered Soul...

Down at the radio station there is something called FM Phasis going on which is a fund raising event that lasts roughly two weeks in duration. This is a community radio station and thereby ruling out the bix boxed advertising from the big cheese honchos. So we as a community come together to support all that is and the things that sometimes slide under our noses if it weren't for CFCR.

I decided to dedicate the entire show to the Motown sound, a sound that has been twisted and churned into amazing inspiration and influenced a myriad of artists. The Motown Crew rolls deep with name dropping like:

Chaka Khan & Montel Jordan / Eddie Kendricks / Marvin Gaye / Ben Harper / Jackson 5 / The Temptations / The Funk Brothers / Smokey Robinson & The Miracles / Diana Ross & The Supremes / Rare Earth / Me'Shell N'degeocello


The titles are in the flow somewhere and if you listen along then you can play along - the name of the game is Name That Tune! ;)

The Motown Sound...

Slowly and surely the journey unravels,
There ain't no mountain high enough

to keep me from keep on truckin on my travels.
A voice inside me says, "I got to give it up".


When I heard it through the grapevine
A dancing machine that got away.
Better use the energy wisely to pave the way.
I can't get next to you, so I give it time..

Falling for Bernadette, begins with a wait.
Begins with tears of a clown, a fool.
I want you back, like in the day
When we were chill, talking about love, child.

I just want to celebrate
With you on cloud nine

The sound that will constantly go around with hi-hat's that are like angel's voices...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution... may blessings be upon you ;)

 
Clicky Web Analytics