Friday, August 22, 2008

001_Hot, Buttered Soul...

Hosting my first radio show today was such a great feeling. Once the door closes and it's just you, a microphone and some music... the world stands still and what ensues is another dimension. In that dimension it is so comfortable. I drop my voice down into my 'radio-voice' and let the soul melt with swimmingly fantastic elan.

You can listen here if you missed it, or you can always tune into 90.5 on your FM dial, cfcr.ca allows you to listen to it live and there is some channel on the Max Interactive that you can switch it to... hmmm.. I think it's 820.

A while back I began making some rare groove compilations. I would take all the artists and list them on the front. Then I'd take the titles of the song and put them in some kind of reason and rhymery.

The artists that guest hosted with me today were:
Ronny Jordan and D.J. Krush | Gladys Knight and The Pips | Etta James | D'Angelo | The Temptations | Lafayette Afro Rock Band | J.J. Jackson | Common | Shirley Ellis | The Commodores | Graham Central Station | Rick James | The Poets of Rhythm

The titles are in the flow somewhere and if you listen along then you can play along - the name of the game is Name That Tune! ;)

That one day...

The jackal, the magician and the fool all told me
that if you ever get your hands on love,
don't you never ever let it go.


So go and tell mama what she wants to hear.
Me and those dreamy eyes of mine can see
,
that I'm losing you into the darkest light.


But it's alright. I've got a dream.
I know I have to go through the real nitty gritty,

get on that assembly line to get back to align.


That's the only way to make the jam
between you and I. That'd make it we.
So there is my little contribution to poetry, music and life. Now that I know how to make old school mixtapes and pop them up on the web... I have a funny feeling that I will resurrect the 'mixtape' compilation with the utmost love and soul...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution... may blessings be upon you ;)

 
Clicky Web Analytics