Saturday, August 02, 2008

Early morning snow...

I asked my nephew when he knew that the girl he was marrying was the girl he was marrying. He told me a story about a cold snowy morning when Paula was off to Smithers for the holiday season after exams were complete. It was, if memory serves me correctly, those hours of the morning that my clock conveniently removed from it and my existence. He didn't have a car so was utilizing basic transportation to get himself to that very airport that the girl he eventually would marry was departing from. That was his moment. What the hell am I doing going to the airport this early in the morning when it's snowing - I'm paraphrasing what I inferred... that was his 'ah-ha' moment.

We all get that ah-ha moment with certain things in life. That bolt that won't come off your engine block and you manage to find some McGuyver way of working around it with a tool that you ah-ha when it comes across your path. Or how about those obtuse math problems that drive you up the wall and then finally... ah-ha... calculus just became easier. Witnessing this in the midst of how chaotic my life seemed, I had my ah-ha moment.

Something that for the past two months had been eating away at my insides finally came to surface and I was facing my own self sabotage. It's the strangest thing that self sabotage. Some how, deep down inside of us, we don't want to move forward or receive the boons that life offers us on a daily basis and would much rather seek out the comforts of mediocrity. I'm not mediocre and I'm not saying that I'm better than anyone else. I'm just saying that I raise my bar and ever time it gets knocked down I put it back up. Every time I meet the bar I'll raise it two inches higher.

Getting together with some family for a festive occasion such as Ahsan and Paula's joining in sharing their lives together was just the perspective I needed. Life is about ah ha moments. It's in the ah ha where the knowledge transcends and with genie like haze transforms into wisdom.

There would be no ah ha in life if we didn't venture into the unknown and just take a chance...

Ah, ha...
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution... may blessings be upon you ;)

 
Clicky Web Analytics