Tuesday, November 25, 2008

008_Hot, Buttered Soul...

This installment of Hot, Buttered Soul was heavily inspired by feeling the music and the trenchant message of love throughout the songs and titles. I never sit down and scratch my head at what I'm going to play, the songs kind of just fall into my lap and out of my chest.

With my new friend Last.fm, whom I speak to when it has a hiccup streaming and I ask it,
"Last.fm. Are you ok? What's wrong? Why don't you want to play my Neo-Soul radio?! Oh, you want me to switch the station. Thanks Last.fm".
That's kind of how it goes ;) I dedicate this session of soul to Last.fm and those who resonate with any of these songs who wish they were played specifically for them. From time to time I am inspired and I could not have done it without the following people:

Sugababes / Erykah Badu / K-Os / Leela James / J-Live / Queen Latifah / Lucy Pearl / Crown City Rockers / Angie Stone / Glenn Lewis / Sweetback

The titles are in the flow somewhere and if you listen along then you can play along - the name of the game is Name That Tune! ;)
From Time To Time...

What an overload experience,
the love of my life taught me.
Learning to be the man I used to be,
don't speak, can't love - tense.

Now I'm coming home to
witness simply beautiful,
the dance tonight, a tool
one transmutes through.

Side step, and move forward,
because life goes on, it always does.

It's ok to believe, dream
your dream & you will rise.
From time to time, through thick and thin, love resides within us albeit most often it is conspicuously hiding from the world to see. Well this is me saying the clouds are parting and the sun is shining down on you and taking a snapshot of you right this moment. A snapshot of your thoughts, your feelings and how you treat the world around you. Do you like what you see? If your answer is no, then take the picture again... and instead of saying "cheese" this time, say "LOVE".

Ya, that's the ticket...

I am Khayyam and this is Hot, Buttered Soul...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution... may blessings be upon you ;)

 
Clicky Web Analytics