Tuesday, October 14, 2008

005_Hot, Buttered Soul...

I've been recently inspired by a 'swimmingly fantastic' presence that has only be known to me for moments at a time. In these moments however, time stands still and the insulating warmth that I feel slowly grows a smile.

Music has always been an outlet for whatever emotions one goes through. I find that the soul sisters of yesteryear and today have an ability to communicate the feelings that I have inside and can't quite lasso the words to describe them well enough. So I thank the following people for joining me today:

Isley Brothers | Marie "Queenie" Lyons | Mary Jane Hooper | Barbara Acklin | Common | Roxanne Shante | Gladys Knight & The Pips | Zapp | Fred Wesley & The Horny Horns | Citizen Cope | KC & The Sunshine Band | The Sisters Love | Patti Jo | Betty Davis


The titles are in the flow somewhere and if you listen along then you can play along - the name of the game is Name That Tune! ;)

Swimmingly Fantastic...

That lady who swims fantastically
Leaves me in a frenzied fever.
I've got what you need, a mind weaver.
Love makes a woman and i am music... infinitely.

So, go on girl, what's the story? Please tell me,
Who is she and what is she to you?
I'm gonna be alright, you cool?
Get up for the down stroke and you'll be set free.

Every time I see you, you're all dressed up
And looking good, boogie shoes too.
Give me your love, make me believe in you
It's the anti anti love song, half full is my cup.

Embarrassing when you get caught telling the same swimmer how good she is at what she does...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution... may blessings be upon you ;)

 
Clicky Web Analytics