Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A day in the life...

It's been a while since I wrote last and it will take a while to recollect what happened since: I got my flight the next morning from Gilgit; landed in Rawalpindi and then headed back to Islamabad; stayed there a couple days or sum such amount and then hooked a ride with a train down to Lahore; spent the weekend in Lahore; was India bound after the weekend but I went back to Islamabad; now I'm here and tomorrow I head back to Lahore. There, all caught up on locations - now the details.

My mom told me how much I've grown up today. A relative tried to coerce my cousin Anjum to get me to cut my hair and he told them where to go. He accepts me for what/who I am and says that my hair is part of me and would hate to see it go, it was cheered on by everyone at the table. Overheard in a conversation that my father's greatest gift to Pakistan was me. My family surprises me when I least suspect it ;)

The past week has been filled with just running around and taking care of the small details, the fine print. My attention was needed back in Islamabad and I don't know when I'll make it to India. I'll make it there when I'm supposed to I guess ;) I have had to make unplanned twists and turns in my programme and that's just allowing for it to unfold. I don't know where I'm going, I don't know when I'll be back and I forgot how to even say I don't know, but I'm glad I've remembered. What's my next move? I don't know. Try it... it's great. I don't know...

Surrounded by family and surprise visits, I have not appreciated them enough in my experiences since I left Canada. I was holding my little 19 month old niece started crying knowing I had to leave, I really have become part of the family. My father was so adamant about family in his last few months on this earth and I just didn't get it. I thought I grasped at what he was trying to communicate and imbue but it didn't register until today. It made it's guest appearances in the past but nothing like what found me - it was nice to feel Professor Sheikh Parvez Wakil (may peace be upon him and may he be in everything) in full force throughout my day. I was told of an old proverb that my father on occasion had used and fits quite nicely...

Poh patna

(light breaks for a new day)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution... may blessings be upon you ;)

 
Clicky Web Analytics