Tuesday, April 03, 2007

In Rasta We Trust...

I have left the house a handful of times since being in Lahore. The 100+ degree fever seemed to keep me quite content with curtains drawn, mosquito coils burning and uselessly wasting my time. I wouldn't say wasting, rather not using it constructively. So I used the time to be a little creative. I've taken something old and made it even older. It is truly glorious to make whatever vision that comes into your head and somehow push pixels in order to have it match. So I guess if you're in the know, then know this... chicken, reggae and Appleton's can get a party started ;) I'm finally able to go outside, but the energy drain doesn't even fuel me to jump in a rickshaw and just go. I don't have the drive to just go... Whattagwon?!

Life throws you twists and turns, fevers and hospital trips. I've now taken advantage of the 'resting' time and plunged in to the world wide webs of the information super highway. That's right, the internet - I hate it, but I love it.

I've been looking at flights, insurance, employment, pictures, tweaking blogs, reading articles, newspapers, downloading music, seeing what movies are worthy of wasting my time on... I think you get the idea. I haven't really assumed this kind of role since being back home. I now realize that it is such a bad way to exist and I'm much too proficient at it. Forgetting to eat, ignoring people around you, not sleeping and most importantly... my posture. I can see the rewards of doing it from time to time, but seriously... I've been overdoing it. No need to make puppies any more.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
Walk away from the computer" says the voice.

I've snapped and am walking away from the computer. I just wanted to vent my findings and frustrations. There, done... all better.

I'll leave you with something to ponder:
What happens when an unstoppable force meet an unmovable object?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution... may blessings be upon you ;)

 
Clicky Web Analytics