Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Hot Buttered Soul #12

In case you didn't know, let me put you on notice... I host a radio show. It's on a small community radio station that gives what those commercial stations can't.... a little bit of soul and a whole lot of love. The name of the show if you haven't figured it out is called Hot Buttered Soul and there is a different host for each day of the week. So you get a wide range of butter that's good for your soul, and that's hot!

Recently I've had the pleasure of listening to DJ Lo Down Loretta brOWN through the interwebs. It's been a mixture of soul, rhythm and flow. Song after song she takes me on an adventure. So in the spirit of life and breathing life into this world I've collected the following cats to celebrate a wonderful event. A new life brought into this world to breathe her first breath...

Freestylers | Erykah Badu | The Fearless Four | Dennis Coffey | Wu Tang Clan | The Detroit Spinners | Aretha Franklin | Mary J. Blige | Cameo | Edwin Starr | Quincy Jones | The Floaters

The titles are in the flow somewhere and if you listen along then you can play along - the name of the game is Name That Tune! ;)

Miss @FatBellyBella Had A Baby

First things first,
you gotta push up
honey 'cause I'm
rockin it like the
theme from Black Belt Jones.

I step back and kiss myself,
then I ask, "can it all be
so simple?" Yup, yup!

i'll be around, growing,
illuminating, rock steady.

Have to work that angle
before the candy flows.

Can't say why I'm easin in?!
Moving so sly and fly,
they call me Mr. Tibbs.

Best be floating.
Float, float, float on...

@iamkhayyam and that was Hot, Buttered Soul.

For your listening pleasure...

 
Clicky Web Analytics