Monday, May 26, 2008

Thou shall not Steele...

My new found love in mystery is thanks to the reemergence of Remington Steele into my life.

"Try this for a deep dark secret: The great detective Remington Steele... He doesn't exist. I invented him. I'd always loved excitement, So I studied and apprenticed, and put my name on an office. But absolutely no one knocked on my door. A female private investigator seemed so... feminine. So I invented a superior. A decidedly masculine superior. Suddenly there were cases around the block. It was working like a charm. Until the day he walked in, with his blue eyes and mysterious past. And before I knew it, he assumed Remington Steele's identity. Now I do the work, and he takes the bows. It's a dangerous way to live, But as long as people buy it, I can get the job done. We never mix business with pleasure. Well...almost never. I don't even know his real name!"

I am proud to admit that I am once again a huge fan ;) I don't care what anyone else thinks, it's the dog's bullocks.

However, there is some bewilderment looking back at the styles of the times and how a pencil thin suit with shoulder pads while sporting the most feather quaff was deemed to be appealing?! This was a good look?! Can't wait for that one to come back into style... skinny bobble heads come trouncing down the catwalks ;)

And not to mention that Stephanie Zimbalist has single handedly inspired me into wearing the detective hat or something that looks similar... ;) I've been noticing a lady here and there sporting and wielding this Laura Holt number. Give thanks to a woman who I now have a crush on that goes into the past about twenty years. Yes, I have a crush on Stephanie Zimbalist or the character, Laura Holt, that she plays ;)

Now don't get me the wrong way here... I'm not popping no popcorn and watching back to back episodes here or anything...

The only shows that have got me out of sorts are 24 and Lost. Keeping me on the edge of my seat and so glad that I didn't have to wait till the next week to find out what happens... just click next on the trusty remote ;)

Life has begun feeling this way... I mean to say that I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the next opportunity or challenge. Life's mystery can't be solved in a 60 minute episode and I seem to recall there were a few seasons... so the show must go on as they say...

Let the clues fall where they may and allow the mystery to unravel...
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution... may blessings be upon you ;)

 
Clicky Web Analytics