Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Two souls arrive in a small town...

Last night I got me some pie and watched a Bollywood movie. It was just one of those days... you know... just finished a cleanse and thinking about all the disturbingly unhealthy foods to eat and pizza popped into my head. Every time I start a Bollywood movie I completely forget about how long these movies are. It always throws me off when the intermission screen pops up after being and hour and a half into a movie ;) I was up until 2am trying to finish the marathon movie.

The cinematography was absolutely stunning. It was Moulin Rouge meets Bollywood or perhaps it was the other way around?! Whatever it was the effect was fantastic. The set was like nothing I've ever seen in a Bollywood flick before, Saawariya which translates into "beloved" was a delightful change in the same old same old of song and dance.

A short synopsis of the movie reads something like: Two souls arrive in a small town, one on vacation, the other to meet a lover. They spend the most magical dream-like days of their lives in that town... with each other.

Kind of like all the other Bollywood movies, except no one dies in this one, the man still chases the girl around, dancing around potholes and a mix of working women breaking out in song and dance in the dream like world of Saawariya... it's all there. I'd recommend this movie to anyone who is new to Bollywood and would like a beautiful introduction into the world of drama and overacting ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution... may blessings be upon you ;)

 
Clicky Web Analytics