Saturday, June 07, 2008

Miss Badu...

My adventure started with a phone call. A dear friend of mine, Camilla Rivard (of the Bison Mountain Bistro of Banff - and yes I plugged your restaurant ;)) painted me a delightful painting of her experience of Erykah Badu's concert on the east coast. Her husband Ryan mentions there is a second show that's been added to the Vancouver stop. I was elated and dove right in to buy tickets. It was my birthday present to myself.

I can't tell you how many times this woman has cradled me off to sleep, dropped the vibrations in the room into a slow sway or just had me bouncing.

So I bought five tickets, one for myself and I'm sure I'd find four people to go with me. I was right about that. They were gone in no time.

The second show started at 11:30pm on a Friday night. Have to say that this was a first for me. The show was at the Commodore Ballroom and the line up was wrapped around blocks as the first show was cleared out. Once everyone was out, they let everyone else in ;)

True to character, she rolls out with her infamous afro and started belting notes into the microphone. The only thing missing was The Roots opening up for her. They were slotted for most of the tour with what seems to be the exception of Canadian dates.

It was a mellow way to round out the celebrations of my birthday week...

I planned my success. I knew it was going to happen.
-Erykah Badu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution... may blessings be upon you ;)

 
Clicky Web Analytics