Sunday, September 17, 2006

Questions on the daily...

And there is a practice which I follow every night before going to sleep. It is very simple, but it has helped me immensely, and it can help anyone who uses it. It involves only three questions: Have I lived? Have I loved? Have I laughed?

Have I lived? Have I made the best us of the time provided me during the day to grow, to learn, to develop?

Have I loved? Have I reached out to everyone I met and made them aware of the love in my heart and eased their burdens of self-mistrust and self-doubt?

Have I laughed? Have I seen the humorous side of even the most painful incident?

If the answer to any of these questions is no, then it is a matter of remorse. One more day passed and I am another day closer to my death and I have not exerted myself to my fullest potential. This is enough to make me work harder then next day and try and make amends.


Three questions that must find a home within your daily rituals...

8 comments:

  1. Have you shown yourself the same love you give to others?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know where that anonymous post came from and the answer is no, not yet. Notice the yet in there - I'm working on it. It's not the destination that matters, it's the journey ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "this is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use it as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. Tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever, in its place is something that you have left behind... let it be something good"- I hope you are taking care of yourself

    ReplyDelete
  4. The journey is the way in which life presents itself.The journey is where love, laughter, tears and growth reside. K...you love yourself more than you know. You are a Spiritual being having a human existance.thank you for the gift of your night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm taking care of myself... but who is it that asks the question? Only then will I be able to inquire about your health and welfare ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The journey is the way in which life presents itself.The journey is where love, laughter, tears and growth reside. K...you love yourself more than you know. You are a Spiritual being having a human existance.thank you for the gift of your night.

    Thank you...

    I'm puzzled to the gifts that I have bestowed upon you? They are always exchanges, so what is it that I should be grateful for?

    ReplyDelete
  7. sometimes it is not always an exchange between the 2 people at hand, you could have given a gift without knowing it. Perhaps the person recieving may not even recognize for mins, days or months...be grateful for the moment in which to souls reside in the Elemental divide.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. anyway...you know all this...just feel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your contribution... may blessings be upon you ;)

 
Clicky Web Analytics